PATA Nepal to organise Himalayan Travel Mart and Bloggers Conference
Kathmandu: Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Nepal Chapter has decided to organise two international conferences - Himalayan Travel Mart 2016 and Bloggers Conference 2015 in Kathmandu to revive Nepal’s tourism industry affected by the earthquake of April 25.
The PATA Nepal executive committee decided to organize a business-to-business event Himalayan Travel Mart on May 29, 2016 to mark International Everest Day.
A large number of foreign buyers and travel professionals from tourist generating countries will be invited at the HTM 2016.
The first Himalayan Travel Mart was organized by the Nepal Association of Tour and Travel Agents (NATTA) in 2005 with participation of more than 200 tour operators from South and SE Asian countries.
Similarly, PATA Nepal plans to organize first Bloggers Conference by the end of September this year to promote Nepal through the digital media platform.
PATA Nepal will organize workshops with participations of Prof Kaye Chon, Dean, Hotel and Tourism Management of Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Damian Cook, CEO of E-Tourism Frontiers.
PATA Nepal Chapter will start its first PATA Nepal Chapter- Summer School of Hotel Management in September 2015, in coordination with NATHM.
PATA Nepal Chapter has participated in the Tourism Recovery Campaigns after the 25/04 crisis that hit the country. PATA Nepal Chapter with PATA International urged the Nepal government to implement PATA Nepal Tourism Rapid Recovery Task Force Report.
The conferences will be held with coordination of Ministry of Tourism and Civil aviation, NTB and Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) among others.
July , 2015
More in this category
10 things to do in Kathmandu
Reasons to Visit Nepal
Plan Your Trip Now !
CHINA : Year of Silk Road Tourism
Enjoy your vacations in Nepal
Get Itinerary suggestions from
- Tara Air Twin Otter crashes in western Nepal killing 23 on board
- Nine lakes of Pokhara Valley added as Ramsar Site
- Pavitra Karki elected President of Airlines Operators Association of Nepal
- Nepal- India relations to a new height, sign seven agreements
- Bangladesh focuses on 'neighbourhood first' policy to promote tourism
- Nepal safe to visit, Government prepares Tourism Recovery Action Plan
- 581 heritages and monuments damaged in the earthquake
- Nepal changes route up Mt .Everest ,reassures climbers on safety
- Pre feasibility study of six cable car projects
- Heritage sites to open for for travellers , Tourism Recovery initiaties
Stay updated with Global News
on Travel & Tourism