KMC takes action against tax defaulter hotels
Kathmandu:The Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) has started bringing some of the tax defaulter big hotels and business complexes in the capital city into the tax net with the beginning of a new fiscal year.
KMC started to charge against the Kathmandu Mall, Sundhara, the Cultural Undertaking, World Trade Centre, Sajha Bhandar Limited, Bhotahiti, Tripureshower Plaza, Alfa Beta Baneshower, Kathmandu Business Park and Kathmandu Plaza, Kamaladi, failing to pay their taxes within the deadlines.
According to the KMC Revenue Department Chief, Ramesh Kafle, hotels like Royal Singi Hotel, Durbar Marga; Hyatt Regency Hotel; Hotel Radisson; Hotel Shankar; Hotel Mountain; Landmark Hotel and Hotel Marcopolo among others have failed to clear the tax despite the KMC's repeated request for the same.
The Revenue Department claims that the Everest hotel and Yak and Yeti Hotel have not paid their taxes since their establishment.
KMC is gearing up to take action against theses tax defaulters as per the Clause 165 (2) of the Local Self-Governance Act, 2055.
More in this category
10 things to do in Kathmandu
Supporting the Reconstruction in Nepal
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of life and destruction caused by the devastating earthquakes in Nepal and are offering the people and the government of Nepal our ongoing support. We will continue to provide emergency assistance as needed and are ready to consider requests for bi- and multilateral financial and technical support as well as reconstruction assistance in alignment with the priorities of the Nepalese government. We strive to contribute to the restoration of lost and damaged cultural treasures."
- Stephen Harper (Canada),Francois Hollande (France), Angela Merkel (Germany), Matteo Renzi (Italy),Shinzo Abe( Japan),David Cameron (United Kingdom),Barack Obama (United States)
Elmau, Germany June 7-8 , 2015
Plan Your Trip Now !
CHINA : Year of Silk Road Tourism
Enjoy your vacations in Nepal
Get Itinerary suggestions from
- Nepal safe to visit, Government prepares Tourism Recovery Action Plan
- 581 heritages and monuments damaged in the earthquake
- Nepal changes route up Mt .Everest ,reassures climbers on safety
- Heritage sites to open for for travellers , Tourism Recovery initiaties
- USA, UK issue new travel advisories lifting restrictions to Nepal
Stay updated with Global News
on Travel & Tourism