Namaste Campaign launched to attract tourists
Kathmandu: Namaste Campaign, a drive to promote tourism in the country at the international level, kicked off under the slogan – ‘Atithi Devo Bhawah’ or 'Guests are God'.
The campaign was launched by the Non Resident Nepali Association (NRNA), and other organisations active in the tourism sector.
Minister of State for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Parshuram Tamang , inaugurating the campaign , said the campaign would play an important role in providing information on Nepal’s tourism attractions in the international arena.
NRNA vice-president Bhawan Bhatta said the campaign would be continuously run with the objective of bringing in 1.6 million tourists into the country until 2018.
The campaign started from Lumbini, Pokhara and Chitwan besides Kathmandu and will be extended to other districts in future.
More in this category
Reasons to Visit Nepal
Plan Your Trip Now !
Enjoy your vacations in Nepal
Get Itinerary suggestions from
- PATA Nepal launches campaign of “Vision 5 Million”, new leadership elected
- Cathay Dragon launches 10-day flash sale to mark 10th anniversary
- International conference on “ Resilient Hindu Kush Himalaya : Developing Solutions towards a Sustainable Future for Asia “
- ‘ Kanchenjunga Spice Garden Tourism Trail ‘ developed
- Chinese tourists visiting Nepal increased by 60% this year : Yu Hong
Stay updated with Global News
on Travel & Tourism